We want to be around for the school, students and parents even in challenging corona times. That's why we have created a newsletter for you, so that staying at home is not quite so boring.
Just click on the link below and you'll get to the 'Freundeskreis' newsletter.
Yearly events calendar 2021-2022
- 14.09.2021 - Friends' Welcome Breakfast
- 09.10.2021 - CANCELLED -Octoberfest
- 27.11.2021 - Christmas fair
- 09.07.2022 - Sommer fair
You need help with a project?
If you wish to apply for support from the Friends of Douglas House, please download an application form and send it to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand it in at the Douglas House reception.
During the past school years the Friends were proud to be able to support amongst other the following projects financially:
- IT Equipment primary school
- Autoclave with accessories for Biology
- sewing machines for needlework group
- Purchase of modern lighting system and theatre-curtains for the forum
- Purchase of modern sound system for the forum
- Purchase of tents, compasses and chairs for the Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Cutting-machine for the secondary school arts classes
- Repair and maintenance of both school boats
- Financial support of composition of school opera
- Support for the purchase of equipment for Special Educational Needs
- Support for Team-building theatre workshops (secondary school)
- Support for primary school musicals
- Support for primary school project weeks
- Support for dance balls of Year 10
- Support for final year (Abitur/IB) parties
- Individual support for class trips
- Support for seminars by important visitors
A special thanks to everyone in the school community for their generous support which makes these contributions to the DSL possible.