We want to be around for the school, students and parents even in challenging corona times. That's why we have created a newsletter for you, so that staying at home is not quite so boring.
Just click on the link below and you'll get to the 'Freundeskreis' newsletter.
Dear chefs big and small,
Each of us has at least one or more favourite recipes that he/she likes to prepare for family and friends. Perhaps you have a recipe that you have tried and learned to love while in the UK or when living abroad?
We FRIENDS wanted to ask if you would like to share these recipes with us?
If so, we would be very happy about it. Maybe in the end this will even result in an international cookbook for the DSL, which we can put together for you?
Send the recipe(s) as a file (Word, pdf) or a good quality colour photo by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only family recipes can be accepted. Unfortunately we have to refuse photographed pages from cookbooks.
If you want to write down the recipe, just use our template
We are looking forward to receiving your recipes, whether sweet, sauvory, drinks or snacks!
Yearly events calendar 2020-2021
- 11.07.2020 - Sommer fair CANCELED
- 15.09.2020 - Friends' Welcome Breakfast CANCELED
- 10.10.2020 - Octoberfest und flea market CANCELED
- 28.11.2020 - Christmas fair CANCELED
- 20.03.2021 - Flea market
- 17.07.2021 - Sommer fair
You need help with a project?
If you wish to apply for support from the Friends of Douglas House, please download an application form and send it to us via email (email@example.com) or hand it in at the Douglas House reception.
During the past school years the Friends were proud to be able to support amongst other the following projects financially:
- IT Equipment primary school
- Autoclave with accessories for Biology
- sewing machines for needlework group
- Purchase of modern lighting system and theatre-curtains for the forum
- Purchase of modern sound system for the forum
- Purchase of tents, compasses and chairs for the Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Cutting-machine for the secondary school arts classes
- Repair and maintenance of both school boats
- Financial support of composition of school opera
- Support for the purchase of equipment for Special Educational Needs
- Support for Team-building theatre workshops (secondary school)
- Support for primary school musicals
- Support for primary school project weeks
- Support for dance balls of Year 10
- Support for final year (Abitur/IB) parties
- Individual support for class trips
- Support for seminars by important visitors
A special thanks to everyone in the school community for their generous support which makes these contributions to the DSL possible.