Pre-School to Primary School
In order to give the children a smooth start into elementary school, there is an intensive cooperation between preschool and elementary school
This consists of:
- regular exchange
- an information evening in autumn
- offering a taster day for preschool children in elementary school
- in a visit the Primary school teacher in the preschool
- in a visit of preschool teachers in Primary School
- in the advice on class formation
Year 4 to Year 5 (orientation stage)
- At the end of Year 4 our pupils go to Year 5, the orientation stage. Teachers of both year groups work closely together to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- Pupils attend classes in the other year group and the secondary school teachers ascertain what level Year 4 pupils have reached and how they learn, in order to meet their needs as closely as possible.
- In the second semester we prepare pupils for their next step by letting them attend classes in the other year group and giving them questionnaires.
- There is a parents evening in the second semester (arranged by the Coordinator for Years 5 to 7) to inform parents about the next stages and to answer any questions.
- An information sheet is given at the start of Year 5 to complete the preparation process.
- You can find more information about school transitions on the Secondary School pages.